Website The Cosanti Foundation | Arcosanti
Inspiring a reimagined urbanism that builds resilient and equitable communities sustainably integrated with the natural world.
Job Title: Arcosanti Ambassador
Employer: The Cosanti Foundation
Supervisor: Nikki Check Director of Guest Experience and Operations
Status: Part-Time or Full-Time
Location: Arcosanti, 13555 S Cross L Rd, Mayer, AZ 86333
Founded in 1965, The Cosanti Foundation (TCF), an Arizona-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit, owns and operates two world-famous, open-to-the-public locations, Cosanti in Paradise Valley and Arcosanti near Mayer, as well as a wholly owned subsidiary, Cosanti Originals, which also operates at both locations. Originally established to support Paolo Soleri’s noted architectural and urban planning concepts and research, TCF’s current mission is “to inspire a reimagined urbanism that builds resilient and equitable communities sustainably integrated with the natural world.”
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Arcosanti Ambassador position is a dynamic position that supports the guest experience on many fronts. Ambassadors may participate in several aspects of hosting the public including, but not limited to, operating tours and group tours, providing food service in the café, checking in guests for events, catering events, aiding overnight guests, preparing guest rooms, cleaning public places, and various other tasks related to the guest experience at Arcosanti. Ambassadors will report to various managers depending on where they are scheduled to work. It is acceptable to focus in one area and is preferable in some instances. However, the ambassador position exemplifies that we are a team of people working together to provide an excellent guest experience across the board. Ambassadors ultimately are supervised by the Director of Guest Experience and Operations but report directly to the manager they are scheduled to work with. Hamaila Qureshi – Tours Manager, Danny Fields – Guest Services Manager, The Café Manager -TBD, and Nikki Check – Director of Guest Experience and Operations will work together to schedule and manage this team and the organization’s need appropriately.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as host and cashier for lunch and dinner service
- Wash dishes and ensure that required safety and sanitation standards are maintained for the café
- Assist with meal prep and menu execution
- Assist with overseeing of café volunteers
- Assist in executing food services for on-site events and catering
- Assist with hosting the public in various ways including cleaning public spaces, giving tours, and checking people in.
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Greet and orient the public, online and in-person, as they look to engage with our sites and stories.
- Give tours of Arcosanti to the public, sometimes multiple tours a day.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the layout, history, and evolving story of Cosanti and Arcosanti.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the products and services offered at Arcosanti.
- Encourage safe conduct by patrons, such as applying sunscreen, remaining hydrated, using handrails, and more.
- Clearly and articulately provide information to gallery patrons in an engaging manner.
- When in the gallery, cover the register for customers wanting to purchase publications and other Foundation merchandise.
- Relieve Cosanti Originals Gallery staff and cover register while they are on break.
- Monitor the upkeep of the guest rooms, Airbnb’s, Crafts III bathrooms, camping and other short term rental spaces including exteriors.
- Deep clean and turn over guest rooms and/or Airbnb’s and ensure a consistent standard of cleanliness and presentation of overnight accommodations.
- Check and restock inventory when needed. Report low stock items to manager.
- Provide event support for contracted events
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide coverage for the overnights on-call phone when scheduled with the manager.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Certified Arizona Food Handler Card
- Attention to detail and cleanliness
- Patience and teaching skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good organization & communication skills
- Ability to work on weekends, occasional evenings and around holidays (not including on the following holidays when the site is closed: Easter, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day; or starting 1pm on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.)
- Experience working with the public
- Experience using a POS system a plus
- Ability to operate a computer, iPad, and standard office equipment (e.g. computer keyboard, phones, calculator, etc.).
- Ability to stand, walk, ascend/descend stairs and move safely over uneven terrain for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and move up to 35 lbs comfortably (unloading food deliveries, lifting a mop bucket, etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate aurally, in writing, over the phone, and through virtual telecommunications
- TCF and CO are committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Thus, we are equally committed to reasonable accommodations, should any of these physical requirements pose a concern. Please let us know if you should require a reasonable accommodation to perform the duties and responsibilities described herein.
Please email your cover letter, résumé, and at least 3 professional references to email@example.com . Position open until filled.
For more information about The Cosanti Foundation, please visit arcosanti.org/cosanti-foundation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.