Website The Cosanti Foundation
Inspiring a reimagined urbanism that builds resilient and equitable communities sustainably integrated with the natural world
Title: Tours Manager
Employer: The Cosanti Foundation
Reports to: Liz Martin-Malikian, Executive Director
Compensation: Hourly, $16/hour, including benefits (health insurance, short term disability, dental, vision, vacation and sick time; housing at Arcosanti based on availability; paid holidays according to the Employee Handbook)
Start Date: August 2022
Location: Cosanti, 6433 E Doubletree Ranch Rd, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253 or Arcosanti, 13555 S Cross L Rd, Mayer, AZ 86333
About The Cosanti Foundation
The Cosanti Foundation is an Arizona-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to inspire a reimagined urbanism that builds resilient and equitable communities sustainably integrated with the natural world. We pursue this mission at our two flagship locations, Cosanti (in Paradise Valley near Phoenix) and Arcosanti (near Mayer in central Arizona), as well as with projects, programs, and partnerships that hundreds of thousands of people have participated in over the last 56 years. Through ongoing experimentation with and application of the principles of arcology (a combination of the words architecture and ecology), we seek to demonstrate a kind of construction and community that offers an alternative to sprawl development and a solution to modern social and environmental crises.
The Tours Manager reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for representing The Cosanti Foundation to the public. They do this by managing The Cosanti Foundation tours program at Cosanti and Arcosanti.
- Manage all Tour Ambassador personnel, including maintaining Ambassador schedules, communicating important information related to shifts, benefits, meetings, progress, etc, and hiring as needed.
- Train new tour ambassadors; participate in the regular retraining of existing tour ambassadors to ensure continued quality of tours and inclusion of new information to reflect the regular evolutions within The Cosanti Foundation.
- Monitor customer and staff satisfaction and develop strategies for better workplace efficiency and goal achievement.
- Manage of Cosanti and Arcosanti tours emails and phone calls.
- Manage tours scheduling, including managing booking software and manually booking specialty, school and group tours. Coordinate with other departments for booking specialty tours. Oversee organizing, booking, writing contracts for and executing Cosanti and Arcosanti group tours.
- Work with outside partners and Education in order to develop programs.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the layout, history, evolving stories, products and services offered at Cosanti and Arcosanti.
- Work to improve The Cosanti Foundation tours program by implementing new ideas, graphics, content, and educational points into the tours and tours check-in experiences. Continue to push the program forward by not straying away from difficult discussions about the history of The Cosanti Foundation, politics or social/environmental justice related to the non-profit.
- Oversee responding to tours-related reviews on platforms like Yelp, Google My Business, and TripAdvisor.
- Meet regularly with supervisor to report on and plan strategic plans for departmental objectives.
- Give daily and group tours of Cosanti and Arcosanti to the public, as needed.
- Provide support in the Gallery, as needed.
- Additional duties as requested.
Experience & Qualifications
- Significant work experience in customer service preferred.
- Experience with public speaking is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational, time management, and improvisational skills.
- Ability to work on weekends, occasional evenings and around holidays (not including on the following holidays when the site is closed: Easter, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years day; or starting 1pm on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.)
Please email your cover letter, résumé, and at least 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org . Position open until filled.
The Cosanti Foundation is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran, current or future military status, sexual orientation, marital status, AIDS, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.
For more information about The Cosanti Foundation, please visit arcosanti.org/cosanti-foundation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Comments are closed.